What is the purpose of getting a Colon Hydrotherapy treatment?
Waste that lingers in the large intestines/colon over time poses several problems. Just like a pipe in your sink drain, your colon accumulates debris over the years. Examples of accumulated waste are impacted feces, accumulated mucous, dead cellular tissue, parasites and worms, etc. This toxic material can re-enter the blood stream causing you to feel ill, tired or weak. A buildup of material on the colon wall can inhibit muscular action (peristalsis) causing sluggish bowel movements, constipation, thin, misshaped feces and many resulting disorders. The removal of stagnant waste material and hardened, impacted toxic residue could rejuvenate the immune tissue that resides in the intestines.
Is Colon Hydro-Therapy Safe?
Yes! Thousands of colonic sessions have been performed safely internationally. Colon Hydro-Therapy should be received by a certified therapist using disposable tubing. The water is filtered and pressure is low. The Colon Hydro-Therapist is always with you and will keep you relaxed and comfortable throughout the duration of the session.
What does the Colon do in the body?
The colon's job is to absorb electrolytes and water, synthesizes vitamin B & K via natural flora, and preparation and storage of fecal waste prior to elimination. The colon, skin, lungs, and kidneys are channels of elimination of toxins and waste. Irregular bowel movements lead to toxic build-up. These toxins have the potential to reabsorb into the bloodstream, ultimately being carried to other tissues and organs of the body. This cycle of events are largely the cause of more serious health issues. Death begins in the colon.
Will I be embarrassed?
Hear at Kinkamache', we strive to provide personal service to each of our clients by ensuring the modesty and respect. You, as a client, will be draped at all times. The Dotolo closed system means that the waste removal goes through the pipes that lead to the sewer system. There are no waste or odors to experience.
Do you take walk-ins?
Although same-day appointments are honored, Kinkamache' currently does not accept walk-ins. Appointments are needed to prepare for each client properly.
Why do you only work with closed-systems?
* We use the closed system vs. open system for reasons of improved safety and comfort. It allows us to adjust pressure and temperature to each client's need.
* All of the speculums and tubes are disposable.
* The Colon Hydrotherapist will stay in the room with you at all times during the session.
* You shall be covered at all times during a session with proper draping.
* During your session , we will coach you to relax and allow the body to hydrate. It's more likely that you will release in the bathroom after the hydration where you have privacy.
* The water being used will be filtered via ultraviolet light, carbon filtering and sediment filters.
* The equipment has safety features built into it to ensure that the pressure never exceeds 2 pounds per square inch (the FDA recommended safety limit).
* The equipment shall be cleaned and disinfected between every client with a hospital grade product that is FDA cleared.
* Each client is required to see their doctor to be screened for contraindications prior to their sessions.
* The Colon Hydrotherapist is certified by I-ACT, a reputable organization
* The Colon Hydrotherapist has peer support (other health care providers) to assist with clarity of situations that may be out of the scope of practice. We pride ourselves on creating a collaborative work & learning environment with other therapists, teachers or doctors available for guidance.
* Our philosophy is to promote a safe and comfortable space where healing may unfold for each person in their own time and in their own way. We value diversity and honor each person's unique gifts and talents, learning from these differences. Our only goal is client comfort and safety.
Written by Cathy Shea